A Human Resource Manager is the one in charge of the management of personnel engaged in a company or organization. He or she is vested with the corporate functions of Coordinating and managing human resources. A human resources manager is called upon to search, select and recruit talented figures to be included in companies.
This article will focus on some of the daily functions of a human resource manager. It is clear that talent and attitudes change according to the type of company. In a market - as it is today - in which complexity has reached the highest levels and in which economic and social contexts are changing, a human resources manager plays some routine functions, which includes:
- Selecting people who can make a difference in the different areas that make up the company.
- Recruiting talented resources and bring out every quality.
- Hiring figures with specific propensities and placing them in the right area of the company.
- Marrying targeted remuneration policies aimed at promoting widespread meritocracy.
- The routine job of a human resources officer is complex. Let's analyze each point together.
- First of all, a human resources manager is called to interface with the first company lines (Business Managers). In this phase, the goal is to spread and promote people's management practices and methods. For a human resources manager, it is essential that everyone in the company, especially those in high positions, recognize the importance of his role.
- The human resources manager supports the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of the company with daily strategic business improvement plans.
The human resource manager is also responsible for other activities to make the company processes well-aligned and structured.
Coordinates the Selection Manager
This is called to deal with the insertion of people in a company. Its goal is to select resources and allocate them to specific roles, depending on what their specific skills are;
Coordinate the Training Manager
The human resource manager is in charge of choosing the contents and methods of corporate training and of establishing the point up to which the level of professionalism of the company can be raised. To do this, evaluate each resource and the context in which it is engaged and plan a progress plan for each resource, for each department of the company and for the company itself;
Coordinates the Compensation & Benefit Manager
He is responsible for planning and activating incentive plans for staff. This figure acts on several levels: it suggests to company managers how to assign objectives to each resource and from suggestions on budget management for each of these and defines company policies by evaluating the performance of the resources themselves.
Coordinates the Industrial Relations Manager
This professional is required to draw up employment contracts, to manage any disciplinary measures addressed to personnel, to supervise complaints or complaints that human resources address to the company and to formulate (or improve) the internal regulation company checking its correct compliance.
Coordinates the Managers of Human Resources management in the Business Units
They are those who manage the company's staff in companies with multiple areas or sectors. Each of them heads a single sector.
In smaller companies, however, the human resources manager may also need the support of external consultants such as the Head Hunter on the recruitment of new staff. This professional takes care of identifying the best resources for a company and follows them throughout their career by checking the emphasis of their best qualities.
As earlier said, the daily job of an HR in any organization is quite technical. Hence, it requires professionals to handle it. Nowadays, HR people believe in using technology to make their work even easier. This technology can help them to grow as an individual with automation in the processes.
If you want to know more about this technology, you can ask for a free one-hour session with our sales experts. During this session, they will guide you on how to make your recruiting effective and will map the solution with your requirements.